Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Evolution of Cameras

Instant cameras are making their way back! It can be seen everywhere youngsters are carrying fat squarish cameras, snapping pictures everywhere they go. Cameras have evolution-ize, it's just simply amazing!


I remembered my first camera (: I bought it with my own money when I was in Primary 6 back in the late 1990s (: I was very proud of it! I can't really remember how it looked like and I can't even remember what brand it was (either Kodak or Konica), but I remember it was silver in colour. The camera was not even digital..it was the kind where you have to load in films, snap snap and get the films developed before you can see the pictures.

And remember the once-upon-a-time-uber-famous Polaroid I-zone? It was the hippest camera during my time..(: I begged my mum  and dad to buy me this camera day and night and they did (: but boy oh boy..the films cost more than the camera. i think it was about $30 for 10 strips of films. erk! So this was my first instant camera (: Unfortunately, I didn't really how to set this camera then. I didn't really know what the symbols stands for..I just snapped randomly, usually the picture turned out fine.. 


Then my dad bought the bigger Polaroid camera. Which looked something like this:


I stopped using these cameras as i was unable to find the films. Looked everywhere, in Brunei, Singapore, nowhere to be found. Sadly, in 2008, Polaroid has announced that the company has decided to cease the production and withdraw from analog instant film products completely and i only found this out a couple of years ago. ): 

and I missed these cameras..aahh..the memories and joy that beautiful pictures bring..

But fret no more! Fujifilm has continued the legacy of instant cameras and films and I have been eying for them for quite sometime now..(: I am very tempted to buy one now but i'm still waiting, still contemplating. 

Maybe I should make use of my Consumer Education knowledge yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment